Acceso y admisión

Access to a Master’s for students with a foreign non homologated Degree issued by a country not part of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA)

Documents issued by European Union member states or signatories of the Agreement on the European Economic Area do not need to be legalised.

Countries comprising the European Higher Education Space:  Albania, Alemania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bélgica, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croacia, Chipre, Dinamarca, Eslovaquia, Eslovenia, España, Estonia, Finlandia, Francia, Georgia, Grecia, Holanda, Hungría, Irlanda, Islandia, Italia, Letonia, Liechtenstein, Lituania, Luxemburgo, Malta, Moldavia, Montenegro, Noruega, Polonia, Portugal, Reino Unido, República Checa, República de Macedonia, Rumania, Rusia, Santa Sede, Serbia, Suecia, Suiza, Turquía y Ucrania.


  • People who have completed their studies and hold an uncertified international qualification issued by a country not belonging to the EHES will present their admission application in the first phase, or until 31 May 2018, so that the Postgraduate Studies Committee can study the documents and, where appropriate, issue the corresponding Resolution for access with an uncertified international qualification, so the applicant may obtain the necessary permits to join the course they wish to study in the correct way.


  • The applicants referred to in the preceding section may submit their application for University Master's Courses without the need to obtain certification or a statement of equivalence (except for those master’s courses which provide access to regulated professions, for which article 6 from RD 967/2004, dated 22 November, must be considered) if they possess a favourable authorisation resolution from the University of Zaragoza. For this, the application must follow the procedure established by the University of Zaragoza Postgraduate Studies Committee, which must verify that the qualification is of an equivalent educational level to official Spanish university degrees and that access to Postgraduate studies is entitled through this qualification in the country of origin.

Access following this procedure implies neither the certification or statement of equivalence for a prior qualification held by the interested party, nor its recognition for any purposes other than studying the Master's degree.

Should the resolution from the University of Zaragoza on access to the Master's degree have yet to be issued upon submitting an application for admission, the latter will be subject to the final resolution. No academic rights are granted should the subsequent decision prove unfavourable.

  • Anyone wishing to undertake a university master's course imparted in Spanish at the University of Zaragoza and whose mother tongue is not Spanish must comply with language competence requirements established for this course.

If the University Master's has specific language requirements, documentary evidence must be provided to show the student has the required level (see the corresponding master's web page).

  • For university master's which are taught in full or part in a language other than Spanish, applicants must substantiate their knowledge of such language (see the corresponding master's web page).
  • Time frame: Until 31 May 2018
  • Place: Centre where the Master's is taught

Documents required for access:

a)        Application form of access with uncertified international qualification

b)        Photocopy of passport or ID card

c)        Higher education qualification legalised by the Ministry of Education and International Office in the country of origin, by the Spanish Consulate in said country and by the Spanish Ministry of International Affairs (diplomatic legalisation). The countries which have signed the Andrés Bello Convention do not need legalisation from the Spanish Ministry of International Affairs.

d)        Official academic certification of studies undertaken, with the same legalisation as for the qualification.

e)        Programmes and content of the subjects the applicant has completed.

f)         Certificate from the university of origin or competent body in the country which issued the qualification that these studies are of an educational level that is equivalent to the official Spanish qualifications and entitles access to official postgraduate courses in that country.

g)        Documents attesting to the language competence of Spanish and/or other languages, where applicable.

h)        Proof of payment of the fee for the equivalence verification study for the international qualifications from outside the EHES with the official Spanish ones for access to university master's courses (€100).

This fee will be paid for each master's application and will not be reimbursed under any circumstances.

This payment will be made by national/international transfer (as applicable) to the revenue account for the centre; the centre must be contacted directly if the student needs further details. Any bank transfer fee must be paid by the applicant.

Documents required for admission:

a)        Those students whose previous studies were not in the SUS and whose qualifications system is different from the Spanish one must provide the "Statement of Equivalence of the mean mark for university courses undertaken in international centres". This requires completing the statement of equivalence of the mean mark form which is available from the Ministry of Education, Science and Sports at the following address (included therein are the necessary instructions to complete this application form):

Once the application form has been completed, the 'Statement of equivalence of the mean mark' can be printed to be presented alongside all the other required documents.

Please submit any query about this process to the address given in:

b)        Copy of the favourable resolution for access to the University of Zaragoza.

c)        Curriculum vitae

The Apostille from the Hague may replace the diplomatic legalisation required for the university qualification and academic certificate if coming from a country that signed the Hague Convention.

Any documents issued in a international language other than English or French must be translated into Spanish by a sworn translator.